Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi folks !
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 pm 

Hi folks,

I am from germany and met jeepinjoe this week in Vegas and we had a long and very nice talk. He suggested me to visit this forum. Me and my wife are now coming since more than 10 years to the southwest for offroading. Since this year we have a 2008 Rubicon Unlimited with 35 inch tires, 4.5 inch lift, warn winch and some more stuff (the only thing, I am missing, is a hemi in this jeep :) ).
I am coming again in september for a one week offroad trip into the Arizona strip with some friends from the Kingman area. I have some days left before and after this trip and hope to meet probably a few of you for a trail run around Vegas.

Happy wheeling,

Chris

Post subject: Re: Hi folks !
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:17 pm 

Welcome - post up or send me some info on your trip. I live in Mesquite right next to the Arizona Strip and would be interested in your trip. If you need any info for the area let me know.

Craig

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:24 pm 

Welcome to Nevada. The Arizona strip is a great place to explore and lots of history.

Rescue Ranger
NBCC
NVMC
NBROC founding member
NBSC
NBZORT Unit # 1
702-595-6213

https://apathetic-wealth-3217.glideapp.io/

http://www.expeditionportal.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:42 pm 

Hey Chris,

It was a pleasure chatting with you. I always love a great conversation on Jeeps and offroading. Especially with someone who enjoys it as much as I do. I'm glad you found our Club's website and posted up. Please keep us up to date on your future trip in September. I'm sure we can round up some others for a fun day in the dirt.

Keep us posted,

JeepinJoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:20 am 

Hey Joe,

it was a pleasure for me, too.

Here is the actual trip plan:

Date: 9/17/11 to 9/23/11

Base camp would be at Poverty Mtn. I am going with the MoE (Mojave Outback Explorers) group. It is planned to go down to Kelly and Twin Point and into Whitmore Canyon and probably to Tuweep. Mainly this are day trips from Poverty Mtn. (Kelly Point would be an overnight stay there).

As I have some 'spare' days left before and after, I am looking for some trail run possibilites before and after this trip.

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:13 am 

I am not sure, where to post this, so I am asking here, if anyone is going out to a trail run between sept. 23rd and sept. 26th. We are coming back from our Arizona strip trip on 23rd and I might stay in Vegas from 23rd to 26th and now I am looking for people, which may allow me to join some trail runs. I am flexible, so I do not need to go down to Vegas, if something is going on i.e. in the Pajute region or Logandale or somewhere else around there.

Chris