Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Greetings
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 pm 

I'm a long term Las Vegan, having moved here with my family as a ten year-old in 1974. I've (sadly) watched the place grow up. Once upon a time, off-roading was only minutes away no matter where you lived in the valley.

I bought my first four wheel drive in 1986. It was a 1985 Ford Bronco II. I had a lot of fun with vehicle. It had a moderate lift and slightly over-sized tires, and I could take it just about anywhere so long as moderate caution was used. Over the years I've owned a Suzuki Samurai, a Ford Explorer, and now have a Ford f150 4wd. I just picked up a 1976 Jeep CJ7 and really have the itch to go exploring the desert again.

My favorite places to explore over the years have been Lincoln County ghost towns, but as all of you know the Nevada Desert abounds in places to explore. The Jeep wasn't really set up for deep desert exploration, as it didn't even have a spare tire, but I'm gradually getting it ready. I think it will be just about ideal for what I have in mind (except that its 258 straight six gets TERRIBLE gas mileage!)

Looking over your site has given me a few more ideas. I just posted a question on your general board. Hope to be able to contribute some interesting stuff later on. Thanks for your site!

Andy

Post subject: Re: Greetings
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:10 pm 

Hey Andy. Welcome to our crazy little group. Hope to see you out on the trails.

"Zeek, I don't think we're in Kansas any more"
"If I only had a brain"