Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:57 am 

Hi there,
I just wanted to introduce myself and my wife who are very much looking forward to some low stress fun trail rides this year.

We got our basket case jeep last year after I broke my spine in 3 places, along with a whole load of other bones in a motorbike incident in the desert in October 07. I spent most of last year recovering from that and building the jeep to make it more capable and just for the fun of doing it.

We only got about 15 runs in last year before another motorbike accident (and my last one according to my wife) broke a few more bones and put me our of commission for another 3 months. During that time I was half way though a 2nd hand axle swap that has turned into a total technical nightmare due to taking on a 241 Rubicon transfer case swap, tummy tuck, motor mount lift, trussing the Dana 44, adding triangulated 4 link rear with custom control arms, rear disc conversion and trying to get the lockers set up. That little lot along with work and cash flow kept the jeep off the trails for the last 4 months.

That said I think we have most of the bugs worked out minus the front ARB but I will either just pull it or replace it over the next few weeks so we can get out on the trail again.

I love to wrench on just about anything but jeeps (mine or anyone else’s) are the most fun due to all the things you can do to them and all the 2nd hand parts you can pick up cheaply, if anyone wants a hand working on their Rig I’d love to help out..

We did some runs with a few other groups that seemed to take it a little too seriously so ended up just getting together with a few friends to run trails at our own leisurely pace rather than anything too formal. I run around with Muddybrit most of the time and some of the guys from the 702 FJ crew. My wife and I both love to be outside and really enjoy the great trails that Nevada has to offer and look forward to meeting and making new jeeping fiends this year.

Here are a few photos from last year.

Dave and Mel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:52 pm 

Welcome, hope to see you both on the seventeenth.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

welcome to the board. please be sure to read the club information forum to get an idea of who we are and how we do things. hope to meet you on the trail. 8)

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:53 pm 

Welcome, look forward to seeing you. I have recently joined this group. I have been on one club run and 3 fun runs. No pressure ever. Infact my nine year old daughter went on a run last weekend and has been asking me everyday can we go....

Laters, Kelly aka Mr. D

04 Rubicon;66 F100

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:30 pm 

Hey there Mel and Dave!!! Welcome to the board. Wow, what a story. Didn't keep you from building what sounds to be a pretty awesome Jeep. Super pictures, thanks for sharing. This club is awesome. Don't let the "Scenic" part scare you away. There are a few who like to go out and test the limits of our rigs, but for the most part, we just like to go out with some awesome people and take a look around this desert land of ours.

You'll have to hit us up a club run and/or a fun run and see what we're all about. You can pick and choose what you want to do. So plan on coming out on the 17th. It will be a fun time for sure. :mrgreen:

See you on the trail!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:54 am 

Hi! I just hooked up with these folks myself, but welcome! Hope to see you on a run!

Vickie

When my tires aren't on the trail, my mind still is...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:17 am 

hi there, welcome to this find group of folks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:55 pm 

Hi, Welcome! We're pretty new to this club too and have only been on one run. Met quite a few nice people and really enjoy it! Can't wait til the 17th!

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:01 pm 

Hey Dave and Mel,

Welcome to a great group of people. Dave, what kind of bike? My wife told me this was my last one after my last wreck too. She might mean it this time though. Hope to see you soon, maybe we can trade ideas, parts, or do some wrenching on these beasts soon.

Travis

Mile Marker 8K, KC's, H4 conversion, etc, etc etc.