Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Howdy from Pahrump
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:58 pm 

Howdy y'all! I'm Vickie. I just moved here from sunny Florida (home to mosquitoes, hurricanes and WAAAY too much humidity!) I just fell in love with the west, and Pahrump in particular, with all its lovely mountains! I just bought a 2004 Tahoe 4x4, and have already put my first major gouge in it during an exhilarating trip over Wheeler Pass!

I'm new to off-roading, so I hope y'all don't mind all the questions I'll be asking. I'm looking forward to getting my Tahoe ready for a club run.

I'm married (22 years) to a wonderful city boy who would rather gouge his own eyes out than off-road, and I have a 14 year old son who swears I'm trying to kill him with my truck -- but I need a CO-PILOT! I have a little part time business that I run from home, so lots of times I'm looking to ride during the weekdays. If there are any other moms out there (or dads, for that matter) who wanna trek during the week, I'd sure love to hear from ya.

Blessings to you all! See you on the board!

Vickie

Post subject: Re: Howdy from Pahrump
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:10 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the Message Board. You will find a great group of people here. If you are looking for mid-week runs, you should keep on eye on "Fun Runs" and "Exploring and Camping". There are a few people that do weekday runs and they are normally listed there.

Hope to see you on the trail soon.

Rubicon Bob
Club President
Rescue Ranger
NBMC / NBCC
03 Rubi/2017 Grand Cherokee
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

welcome to the board. like bob said, we can have a run just about any day of the week, allthough official club runs do tend to be on weekends. hope to meet you on the trail some day. i will be putting trips to ash meadows n.w.r. and south eastern death valley this spring so keep your eyes open. 8)

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:55 pm 

Thanks so much for the welcomes! Can't wait to get everything I need for the trail. Of course, I've been running around, mostly by myself, but The Lord has obviously been my co-pilot, because I haven't gotten stuck yet, and only one ugly gouge on the truck. Of course, given time, I'm sure I will cause some kind of trouble. Wouldn't be fun otherwise!

Looking forward to seeing those trips! So far I've hung kinda close to Pahrump, though I did Titus Canyon into the park... what a gorgeous ride. Today I just played around lower Wheeler Wash Road, which was all my hubby could stand. But that's what he gets for saying, "I'll do whatever you want." I wanted to take him over Wheeler Pass, but it's hard to get health insurance after a heart attack. :lol:

See ya on the board (and eventually the trail!)

Vickie