Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hiee!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:31 am 
Hey All!

I am Paula, go by Pauly. My husband and I have been jeeping around with you for a bit. Well, I got my own jeep. :D I have a 2001 grand cherokee (wj). I know it won't do Potato, but I bet I can still have some fun. One question I want to throw out is this...I want to lift the WJ but am in need of direction as to which way to go. I am seeing a lot of "puck" lifts, however I am concerned about the performance of these types of lifts. Help!
Can't wait to get out with you guys.

:twisted:

Pauly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:42 pm 

A BB lift or "puck" will give you 2" and should clear 31's with maybe some tire rub at full lock. You can run stock shocks or upgrade and get ones made for 2" lift and some extended sway bar links. Other than that you should be good. Depends on how far you want to go, you could add Disco's for the front swaybar and adjustable trackbars to put your axles back centered. Depends on how much you want to spend.
Go to http://www.Kevinsjeepparts.com and you will learn a ton about your WJ.

Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

welcome to the board and congrats on your own jeep. all those people that say grands can't wheel haven't been out with the backroaders. craig/n2deep knows what he's talking about as he built a good trail rig out of a grand. we have numerous other member running grands from stock to not so stock. you'll need to figure where you'd like to take the rig as far as mods but i'll throw in my 2 cents here. puck lifts are nice because they're low buck, ez to do, get you room for some bigger tires, and useing the stock springs still maintain the stock ride quality. suspension systems will change the quality of the ride as they replace the stock springs. 2" of lift doesn't affect the steering geometry much, where as more lift starts messing with those things and can start taking $$$ to fix. i think a 2" lift with good 31" off road tires, front sway bar disco's, and some skid plates and diff guards makes for a great grand. and we have taken grands over potato road so don't sell your rig short. 8)

NVBROFC
Re-located from my beloved Mojave to Texas. Where did all the mountains go???