Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:13 am 

I've signed up for the Jeep jamboree trips to do both the Rubicon on Aug 17-19 and the Salton Sea in CA on Oct 26-28. If anyone is interested in going along and riding up together let me know. I know it's not for a while but I figure I'd give people some time to plan ahead. The link to the Jeep Jamboree site is below

https://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/miva/me ... ory_Code=E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:46 am 

I signed up for the Jeep Jamboree in Ouray Co. , Sep 14,15 ,16. If anyone is going and would like to have some company let me know. Thanks for letting me post along with yours about Jeep Jamboree's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:35 pm 

Darn, I thought I had some company. :wink:
I've heard that's a really nice trip. There was an article about it in the 4wheel parts mag that was given out at the Jamboree here last Oct. According to the article it was a real easy run through some very beautiful scenery. I always like driving thru the rockies when the weather's nice. Unfortunately I won't be able to make all those trips.
Have fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:07 pm 

I have a 1976 cj7 that has 4" lift 33's, do you think I have any business on the Rubicon? Jeep gives it a rating of 10 on a scale of 1 to 10! :shock: :shock: Rex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:47 am 

According to the JJ site they require 31" tires, lockers, tow hooks, and some armor. I have a stock rubi now but hope to have it lifted 3 or 4" by then. As stock it's supposed to be able to make the trail so I don't see why you shouldn't since your's is set up better than mine. If you have any doubts you can call them and talk to the person who answers questions about the trails. can't remember her name. Since they live near the Rubico trail in CA I'm sure they are all well aware of what can go over it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

Rex,
You should be able to make the trip. Just beware, it does take 2-3 days to get from one end to the other. You will be sleeping in tents. No hotels. Whatever you pack will have to be enough for all weekend. :shock:

Rubicon Bob
Club President
Rescue Ranger
NBMC / NBCC
03 Rubi/2017 Grand Cherokee
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition