Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:39 am 

Hopefully this pre run will be more fruitful, I have been in this area in the past and know where most of what I'm looking for is, just need to make sure the trail is still friendly.

Meeting Place: R Place gas station (Shell) 7 miles north of Alamo (91 miles north of Las Vegas) on US93. Meet at 8:30, roll at 9 AM. Depending on where you leave Las Vegas from, it's about an 1 1/2 trip.

Trail: We'll head north on US93, and head to Mt. Irish which has a few mines, a petroglyph site and a ghost town or two. Plan for a long day if you come up for just the day.

There's lodging in Alamo, and an RV park behind the gas station in Ash Springs. Lots of dry/primitive camping all around as well. There are campgrounds south of Alamo at Upper Pahranagat Lake also.

I will be in Caliente from Friday afternoon on gorging on BBQ so if you are planning on making it and don't post up by Friday morning, you can call me @ 7024963358 and let me know you are coming. Be sure to use 702 area code if in the area as that area is 775. Again, if no one posts up, I won't be hanging around long.

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4