Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Camp around LV
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:21 pm 

Hi everyone, been a while since I’ve had a chance to join in around here. Been busy with work, and trying to get a few mid summer desert trips in.

About a month ago I was out in the East Mojave, from my camp site I was watching a GREAT lighting storm in the direction of LV. Hope it wasn’t to bothersome for you folks in Nv.

A couple weeks back I spent 3 days and 2 nights camping in Sheep Mtns not to far out of town for you guys. I mainly spent my time driving up and down both sides of the range. Sure was an unexpected contrast of vegetation between the two sides of the range, but loved the geology of the whole area. :D

Looks like I’ll be lucky to get another trip in before the end of Sept. :(

Hope all is well and have a fun trip for the clean-up on the Mormon Well road. I unintentionally helped a little, I picked up the few cans and bottles I saw along the road. But basically the area was un-littered. I was surprised to see it looked like they where still working on the Coyote Wells development

Later

Post subject: Re: Camp around LV
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:21 pm 

They're claiming they will start building model homes this fall, with an expected opening early spring of for model neighborhoods.

To my knowledge, they still haven't finalized a power agreement with anyone. They were in quite a debt with Lincoln Power, and the last I heard the where trying for a solar field.

1978 IH Scout II Lifted, locked, blah,blah,blah.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Her car.
1992 Ford F350 XLT 4x4